Tell your town at the table
The new 2021 Contest of Discoverplaces invites you to tell the food and wine particularities of your territory: products, recipes, wine, oil and liqueurs. But also festivals dedicated to local specialties.
How to participate?
Write a story in the first person that talks about a product or a recipe of your territory, maximum 2 pages in length, and send it to our email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The articles will be selected by our editorial staff, translated into English and published in two languages on our portal www.discoverplaces.travel.
There are 5 categories you can participate in as well as a section dedicated to photographs:
1) Appetizer or Aperitif
2) First Course
3) Second Course
5) Wine or Liqueur
The authors of the most read stories will be awarded an award, and their municipalities will be rewarded in a big meeting in Spring (COVID permitting!).
See the video of the previous Award ceremony
- Because at the table we find a smile and we want to spread joy
- Because each of our countries hides pearls
- Because more and more municipalities are recognizing their typical features with Municipal Designations of Origin
- Because travel is often dedicated to the discovery of a taste experience
- Because many of our beautiful villages have festivals dedicated to their typical products and their traditional dishes
- Because our winemakers produce the best wines in the world
- Because we have 600 oil cultivars and we don’t know them
For these reasons and others that you can imagine, we ask you to never forget your roots but to fly high and create the future with us.
Send your stories / recipes to email@example.com